These grey skies are giving us a serious case of spring fever. What better way to treat it than with desert-inspired hues for eyes, cheeks, and lips? Warm up your look with our newly-released Limited Edition Desert Sunrise Palette, including two never-before-seen eyeshadows. We’re absolutely swooning over how this collection of shadows and blushes brings desert colors to life. Plus, we’re introducing two totally new Lip Glosses, Coralbell and Beeblossom, to add bright contrast and complete the spring vibe.
“Pairing the palette with our two new lip colors is really about the contrast of neutrals with this beautiful pop of orange pink.” ~ Christy Coleman, Head of Artistry & Innovation, and Celebrity Makeup Artist
The California desert is a very special place for all of us at Beautycounter. We’re constantly inspired by its tranquil openness, resilient beauty, and glowing light. With the Desert Sunrise Palette we wanted to express how the whole desert awakens with the sunrise and how each new day is filled with infinite possibilities. Each of its satiny powders—three shades of blush and six eyeshadows ranging from luminescent neutrals to deep burgundy—were carefully paired to create endless day-to-night looks that flatter every skin tone. Some of the shades, including the new Khaki and Bark eyeshadows, impart a subtle sheen—much like the desert at dawn.
To add a bright pop of spring color, we also created two new lip glosses that pair beautifully with the Desert Sunrise Palette. Coralbell, named after the delicate late-spring bloom, is a vibrant coral, while shimmering Beeblossom is a nude peach like its airy perennial namesake. Like all of our lip glosses, both colors are moisturizing, glide on smoothly, and deliver infinitely wearable color for all complexions.
Get the Looks
See how Christy brings two gorgeous, desert-inspired looks to life using the Desert Sunrise Palette. To complete each look, finish with lip gloss!
1. Sweep Champagne from the inner corner across the eyelid.
2. Brush Khaki from the outer corner and blend at the center.
3. Highlight with Pearl in the inner corner and along the brow bone.
4. Line the outer half of both the top and bottom lash lines with Bark.
5. Dust Flamingo on the apples of the cheeks.
Christy’s Tip: Pair Coralbell with Desert Flower for a bold contrast to Khaki.
1. Sweep Dove from the inner corner across the eyelid.
2. Brush Bark from the outer corner and blend at the center.
3. Highlight with Champagne along the brow bone.
4. Line the top and bottom lash lines from corner-to-corner with Pinot.
5. Dust Tawny on the apples of the cheeks.
Christy’s Tip: Pair Beeblossom with Desert Jewel for a soft complement to Pinot.
Want to know the full story of our Desert Sunrise inspiration? Watch Christy share why she loves the California desert and how the new shades capture its glowing morning light.